Where to Enjoy Winters of Delhi
Your guide to Delhi winters
Delhi ki sardi has gained popularity for its torture and cruelty. The lazy mornings, shivering nights and cosy blankets are the things we usually associate with Delhi winters. It's time to break these myths, so we recommend to you these hidden treasures of Delhi which will surely change your perceptions about Delhi Winters. So it's time to get out of your blankets and enjoy the chill of winters.
1. Take a Foodelicious Trip
Food connects everyone. Street food of Delhi is worthy of your time, energy, money and taste buds. Visit these places to satisfy your cravings and make your winters foodelicious.
- Paranthe wali gali in Chandni Chowk- Chose from a wide range of paranthe- Dry fruit parantha, mix vegetable paratha, karela paratha, methi, aloo, gajar, gobi etc- and you shall forget the chilly weather.
- UPSC Chaat- Winters are the best time to explore the chaat food of Delhi. Gol gappe, sev puri, bhalle papri, aloo tikki and other mouth watering dishes await you at UPSC Chaat.
- Odean Paan shop- Located at the heart of Delhi, Odean Paan Shop is a must visit if you want to enjoy paan. Offering more than 10 varieties of meetha paan, this place is heaven for paan lovers.
- Ice cream Expedition- Who said that ice creams are for summers? If you really wish to enjoy the essence of winters, eat an ice cream.
2. Go for the heritage walk
Delhi is considered the heritage capital of the country with its rich history and royal legacy. This winter take a heritage trip on the streets of Delhi- reliving the moments of past. Humayun’s tomb, Hazrat Nizamuddin ki Dargah, Mirza Ghalib ki Mazar, Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Safdarjung Tomb, Agrasen ki Baoli and many more- will make your winters special.
3. Plan a picnic
Winters are also about family bonding and friendship. Winters are not about depression and isolation. It's time to spend with your family and friends. So pack a basket and plan a picnic with your loved ones. We recommend these places for picnics-Lodhi Garden, Jamali Kamali, Garden of Five senses.
4. Go on a shopping spree
Shopping in Delhi winters will not only enhance your fashion sense but will also help you escape winter boredom. So channel your energy and enjoy winter sales. If you are concerned about your pockets then do not fret because always plan a window shopping spree.
Places to explore for shopaholics-
Central Market- Lajpat Nagar
Sarojini Market- Sarojini Nagar
South Extension- South Ex Market
Palika Bazaar- CP
5. Escape into the world of books
Winters are most loved by bookworms. A hot cup of coffee and books- what else is needed. And both these things are offered by many bookstores and cafes of Delhi thus making winter the best season for book lovers.
Oxford Bookstore-Chai Bar (CP)
Book n Café- (Amar colony)
Ivy and Bean (Shahpur Jaat)
Barista Lavazza (Malviya Nagar)